These little coffee delights taste and look like little mocha lattes. Rich dark and velvety bottoms topped with a layer of white chocolate and finished with cinnamon and a coffee bean for extra cute factor! This recipe has been in my family for some years and if I remember right, came from a neighbor across the street, named Carole. So to give credit where (I think) credit is due, I hope you enjoy Carole’s Cappuccino Cups!
6 oz (175 g) Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cups Whipping cream
1 tsp Instant coffee
2 tsp Vanilla extract
4 oz (125 g) White chocolate chips
20 coffee beans
Cinnamon, for dusting
20 Miniature paper candy/cupcake liners
1) Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and pour in the whipped cream. Heat on high, for 1.5-2 minutes, checking and stirring at each 30-second interval. Stir until smooth.
2) Dissolve coffee grounds in vanilla and fold into chocolate mixture.
3) Arrange paper liners onto a baking tray. Pour coffee-chocolate mixture into liners, about half full.
4) Place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to cool.
5) While the chocolate is cooling, heat a couple of inches of water in a small saucepan and place a microwave safe bowl on top (or use a double boiler, if you have one). When the water comes to a boil, reduce to a simmer and add the white chocolate. Stir a few times with a spatula as it heats. When it has mostly melted, turn off the burner and stir until smooth.
6) Pour white chocolate over the cooled semi-sweet chocolate. Garnish each with a dusting of cinnamon and a coffee bean.
7) Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. These also freeze extremely well, so they are great to have on hand, just let thaw about 30 mins, or set in the fridge overnight before serving.